Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Special Moment

As I sat watching my kids play together, laughing, teasing and enjoying each other's company, I thought to myself "it doesn't get much better than this."

Life has so many ups and downs. Sometimes it feels like some days, weeks or even years, are in the downs. But nothing makes life feel like the ups than just those tender sweet moments, when your child looks at you and says "I love you." or just comes and climbs in your lap and gives you a kiss and just wants to sit there with you.

The special moments in life sometimes may feel far and few between but if you look closely you can see that daily there are those moments. Moments to be captured in time, stored in our minds, to get us through the not so wonderful moments.

1 comment:

Asia said...

Dichotomy of opposites. We must taste the sour to know the sweet. It's so wonderful that you recognize when those sweet moments arise so you can cherish them and yet you are fully aware of the sour so they don't whisk you away into the lands of sorrow of dead, black earth, steaming with volcanic fear and anger -- no plants in sight. Whoa, I must have been there before to have such a vivid description. No wonder I'm so happy now that I'm out.