Thursday, February 7, 2008

Advise

I am actually at a loss of what to type or say this day. Advise seems to come freely and I find myself often offended by the advise I receive. I guess my biggest complaint is I feel like I am being criticized in all that I do when I receive advise. As if I don't already know what I should be doing or what is best for my children. If I don't ask for your advise please don't give it, is how I really feel.

For example when I had my second daughter, I mentioned to my mom that she was in the 90% for weight and 25% for height. My family has a HUGE obsession with weight and a major denial over the fact that we all have eating disorders. Well my grandmother called me with all kinds of advice of how to get my six month old to not be so fat, one of which was to stop breastfeeding her so much and to give her just bottles of water. I just smiled and said "thanks." But hello if I just gave my baby water she wouldn't make it.

Or how about recently going to the doctor and finding the heart murmur and the enlarged heart and him telling me to take a little weight off. Great advise, but maybe some help?!

I find myself giving advice to people or suggesting things, I think just because it is so much easier to see how another could improve their life much more so than looking inward and seeing what you can do to improve your own.

Oh well I just am at a loss and glad my time is up, because I am just not sure of what I am saying.

No comments: