Thursday, February 7, 2008

The kids on room...

The kids in room 207 were misbehaving again."



I am so brain fried right now with all the different meds I am taking I feel lacking in the field of creative writing. Though Miss Nelson is missing is one of my all time favorite children's books. I loved having it read to me over and over again.



I often dreamed of being in that class. I don't know why I'd want that mean teacher, can't think of her name, again a drug induced brain fart. But I wondered what would happen if one of my teachers did that and then came back? How grateful I'd be to have them back.



It also reminds me of my kids when I was babysitting a neighbor girl. The little girl though a dear friends daughter, was a little snot, and I say that in the kindest way. She brought out a side of my daughter that I didn't like, a little gang warfare. They would tell me I am mean and that they didn't like me, thank heavens since I have stopped watching her Bethany hasn't said that to me. Anyway one day I just broke down in tears, yes two 4 year olds made me cry, and told them they didn't realize how lucky they were to have me watching them, and they don't know mean.



Mean is not not letting them eat another piece of candy. Mean is not not letting you buy what you want at the store. Mean is not requiring you to eat fruits and vegetables. After telling them this I told them if they didn't like me and thought I was so mean, the girl I babysat could go back to day care and my daughter could go back to preschool. They quickly apologized and said that they do like me.



My daughter actually cried for about an hour over the thought of leaving me and going to preschool. So maybe I taught them the same lesson as did Miss Nelson. Though the little girl I tended did go back to daycare, and the evil side of me hopes she is miserable there and realizes how nice I truly am.


No comments: