Thursday, February 7, 2008

Reading

What a day for this post, I sometimes wonder how truly you are inspired Cherish. Not that what happened today was destined to happen, but it some how seemed the Heavens alingned themselves and out poured books.

I love books and have dreams of one day having a house with a huge library just filled with books all the books I have read, and want to read and think look pretty. Then I am rudely awakened by a screaming child while being splashed on the face with freezing cold water. Realizing that books pile up too much like clutter, requiring too much dusting. But at the same time I love seeing books on shelves and reading titles.

Titles amaze me. I think that is the key to a good book and a way to catch a reader. As I personally write I like to come up with a good title. Like right now I am working on a book called "Upon the Walls We Once Were Hung." Do you know what that is about? Anyway titles are key and I love seeing the words staring at me from off the shelf.

But shelf space is limited and so is room space, and there fore I don't have a library filled with books. As a matter of fact yesterday I packed up boxes with several books, took them to Half Price Books and sold them. Turning around spending the same amount of money in purchasing less books.

Gregory my little first grader, loves to read now and he loves the Fly Guy books series, a great little reader for the young ones. Buzz has a pet Fly, named Fly Guy. Who would have thought to write a book about a pet fly, but anyway rather clever and cute.

As far as I go, I love murder mystery books. Murder fascinates me well not actually murder but the solving of crimes and the who done it type of thing. In junior high I read all of Christopher Pikes books, a quick mystery series. Who can forget the Nancy Drew series, loved those in my youth. Think I might go back and pick some up, should go pick some of those up and read them to my kids. I bought a Sue Grafton book, I love her books. C is for Corpse is the one I purchased. Most of her books I have read. She is a hoot, a 2ce divorced retired cop now private investigator. She has quite a dry sense of humor. Anyway another quick read. I also love the classic young adult books.

I guess mostly because they are clean and then because they are quick reads. When reading I don't like to have to think about what I am reading, I read to escape and enjoy. Things about war or polotics or long drawn out biographies just don't do it for me. If I am bored after the first ten pages, I will not finish a book.

Time is short in these parts of the woods, so I have decided to grab a book and start reading again. We will see how I do because so far, I fell asleep in bed too soon to read last night.

No comments: