Friday, February 27, 2009

To Run or Not To Run

To Run or not to Run,

seems to be the biggest question of my life...I mean really do you know any really over weight runners? I mean really, it seems to be such a simple task, get up, move your feet a little faster than walking, just two miles a day....and they say you will get faster, they say the weight will drop. They say you will feel better.

So why the heck is it so hard to get my tennis shoes on? Why can't I find the 30 minutes I need each day to make it the 2 miles? Why is it so hard to just go outside alone?

I just don't know!

Though today, amidst the rain, the cold weather, the crying of the kids "don't go mommy" I went out side and walked for an hour. Up the hills. Down the hills. Jogging a little here and there.

It is a start. It is a beginning.

Maybe just maybe in a few weeks I can be jogging. Maybe in a few weeks I will be down just ten pounds. Not a lot but a start.

Later I will work on the eating, but for now, its getting these legs moving.

No comments: