Friday, February 27, 2009

Piano Man

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday, regular crowd shuffles in...there's an old man sitting next to me, making love to his tonic and gin...Oh la di da di da da...." sang my radio as I began to reach over to snooze the melody waking me up this cold winter morning. I never liked having to set the alarm to wake up before the sun. And today was no exception.

I rolled over and shoved my head under the pillow, telling my alarm to give me ten more minutes. I do set my clock ahead ten minutes just so I can snooze an extra ten minutes. Kind of crazy mind games I play with myself, but there is something powerful about hitting the snooze and dozing off for a few minutes.

Though before I can finish dreaming about being a piano man in a bar, the alarm goes off again, to the sounds of the weather forecaster predicting a heavy snow fall. Great. The morning I decide to finally get up and go for a run it is freezing out and blizzardly.

I knew I should have bought a gym membership, I thought to myself as I tied up my shoes. I decided nothing was going to keep me from my goal. I grabbed my jacket, my hat and gloves and off I went.

No comments: