Friday, February 27, 2009

Favorite Tv Shows

I love TV, I admit. I am addicted. I can't fall asleep with out it. It used to be I couldn't fall asleep until I wrote in my journal, or read, but now no matter what time it is when I hit the bed I have to watch a good 20 minutes before I fall asleep. Sometimes it is just changing channels or sometimes it's my favorite 8 o'clock show.

What do I prefer to watch? Oh man, some I am embarrassed to even say.

First I love and record Ghost Whisperer! I can't seem to get enough of her ghost talking friends. Walking around seeing ghost struggling to figure out what they are doing still on earth and Melinda being able to help them solve their problems so they can move on into the light, always brings great story lines. The writers know how to turn something sometimes dark into something light and peaceful. Though I have to admit the latest story line of her husband's spirit going into another man's body and the same actor playing him, has me in a quandary. But love this show.

I also love Medium...I think I have a thing about death. Actually I do, I used to only write about death and murder when I was younger. Now I know there is more to life, though we do all die. Medium is good, I like their family life, and their daughter Bridgette always has me laughing. This show though is almost always based on murder, where Ghost Whisperer just deals with lost souls more than anything.

Then there is my Clean House on style network. A group of people come in and help people purge and clean out their messes, then sell it at a garage sale, then use that money to redecorate, clean and style their home, while the home owners go away. My daughter and I were watching the marathon yesterday and she said "we should make our house really messy so we can have them come and make me a cute room."

To which I replied "we need a house first."

"Oh yeah" she said.

I really like CSI las vegas, I have to admit I have been watching that show since day one. I turned a lot of my friends on to that show. Before it even started I wanted to be a crime scene photographer. However, the police chief, a family friend, talked me out of it. He said it would be a fun job, bunch of fun young people, however he asked me "have you ever smelled a two week old rotting dead body?" Yeah don't think I could do the smells...let alone the real sight. So I live vicariously through these guys.

Then of course the latest of my favorites is Private Practice. It has me sucked in, however its a little too much of a soap opera and I am tired of them all sleeping together, but I really like the show.

Anyway that is enough of my TV watching. I could list a few other, like House and The Office (though haven't really watched that since the movie strike way back when. I like My Name is Earl, and always enjoy Survivor.

No comments: