Friday, February 27, 2009

Beck, Alice Walker, and Kissy Face

As I drove down the street heading to meet up with some friends, I listened carefully to the words of John Beck. If there were someone out there that could voice my political feelings. Something he said, headed my thoughts away from him and onto my own pathetic life.

What was it that he had said? I can't really remember but it made me think that this economy and recession and signs of the times have come and bit my family in the butt.

Really, how did we get where we are? What did we do that caused us to be heaped upon by trials and tribulations. I know it is apart of life, but really could we just slow it down a bit.

Then for some reason, maybe a little guidance by the spirit telling me to lighten up, I thought of the book The Color Purple, where life for those gals was tough, truly hard, and nothing compared to my life.

Though why does it feel like I have hit bottom that I can't get out of the hole that I am in?

Its is hard enough to find a job, let alone in our times right now. I feel for those across the nation that their whole towns and family are struggling what we are. I feel for my own brother and some dear friends.

What I would do right now to have someone look at me and make one of those fishy kissy faces and make things all better, sending me into a fit of laughter.

If life were only as easy as it was when a child, when simple smiles and kisses made you feel better.

No comments: