Thursday, October 30, 2008

Self Made Prison

Cold, dark and dampness surround me. Smells of chocolate fill the air. Chip crumbs cover the floor. Laughter and chatter shut out the silence. Armed with spoons, I sit and wait. Emotions are high. Stress beckons me near. I sit. I stare. I eat. Blindly. Unaware of what enters in. Hurriedly I shovel. Can't let anyone see me consume the calories. Can't let anyone see my pain. Can't let anyone know of my heartache. Can't bare to share.
Shoveling faster as the sound of little foot steps running towards me become louder.
"Mom, Mom, where are you?" I hear. I don't answer. I keep eating. Hiding in my cave. My mom's den, I like to call it.
Oh brain freeze. Eat faster. Eat faster. Finished. I wipe the remains of chocolate ice cream from lips and chin. Ok I lick the bowl too. Wipe my face again.
"I am coming." I say as I leave my little cave, that imprisons me. That keeps me from my goals. My desire to be healthier. Look better. Feel better. My cave, that keeps me locked out from the real world, but comforts me all the same.

No comments: