Thursday, October 30, 2008

childhood

If only I could bottle up childhood and sell it, I'd be a millionaire. Why is it that we have to grow up and worry about things?

I mean I have a debit card, isn't there always money on the other end? (looking at the nation's debt though maybe many of us haven't grown up to know that).

Can't I just eat some ice cream and yummy food and not wake up in the morning worrying about hitting the gym to run, because my goodness I will be playing chase all day and not bother to eat much because I am not hungry.

As a child, I can fall down and brush off the dirt and get up and go again instead of worrying if someone saw me and feel embarrassed.

I can cry for my mommy and in an instant she will be there to make it all better.

Being a child, even though we don't like it, someone pretty much always tells you what to do. I don't have to worry about making decisions or choices.

But as carefree as childhood seems, we'd never progress if we stayed there....kind of a bummer we have to learn and grow, but its all part of the plan and hey at least we get wiser...or at least we should.

No comments: