Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sugar Bowl

Please dear come sit down with me and have some tea. Would you like a little sugar? aske Ms. Lucy Mack.

"no thank you." replied, Emma. "I prefer it plain. I know it is kind of bitter that way but I just don't like the sweet."

"To think a young gal as your self not crazy about sugar as are the other young kids of today." Ms. Mack commented, as she lifted her little tea cup to her mouth to take a sip. At that moment her young son Joseph came into the room with a hop skip and a jump. Wearing his white knickers and stripped shirt, all covered in dirt, it was obivious his baseball game was a successful one.

"Mom, mom, I got three home r....oh excuse me, I din't realize you had company." Joe said as he saw Emma Long sitting on the floral arm chair. There she sat with golden hair, all in perfect ringlets resting on her shoulder. She made eye contact with a nervous smile, as she then tilted her head down looking back down at her untouched tea in her hands. "How are you doing Emma?" the young handsome man asked.

"Very well thank you. I just stopped by to see if I could borrow some sugar for some cakes we are baking. Your mom was kind enough to invite me to sit down with her and have some tea."

"Well it is great to see you again." He said as he turned to his mother and as quickly as he came in he left the room as he said "I am going to wash up."

No comments: