Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blindly Walking

Coni dressed in her wedding gown, holding onto a little lantern, eyes blindfolded, followed the sweet soft low voice of her new husband leading her through the forest.

"Oh Jared, where are you taking me. I have had this blind fold on for over an hour now. Can I please take it off? It is pitch black out anyway, not that I can see much. Please?"

"Just a few more steps, trust me. Just keep following me." He said as he held branches out of his bride's way.

"My dress is going to be filthy by the time we get to where ever it is we are going."

"Nothing a dry cleaner can't fix."

"Funny. Why didn't you insist on me changing my dress?"

"Because you look so beautiful and it isn't every day that you get to wear that dress and hike through the mountains." He said with a smirk.

"True, are we there yet dear?"

"Almost. Take three steps up. There you go. Careful." He encouraged her as she stepped up the stairs, holding the light with one hand and the other holding her dress, as she tried not to trip. She thought how great he was being so surprising and romantic but at this point she'd rather not break a leg or something. She got to the last step.

Jared opened the door to a beautiful victorian home, kind of out of place in the mountains. The decks wrapped around both levels, the paint was fresh and wait, and the sent of it proved it.

"Stop, please." he told his bride, as he swooped her up in his arms, and carried her over the threshold. He gave her a kiss, set her down and took off her blind fold.

With another kiss on the cheek, he whispered in her ear "welcome home, Mrs. Johnson. Welcome home!"

"What do you mean, you are kidding me, no really this is our home? How....but...Oh Jared, I love it."

"I love you too." He said and the two embraced.

No comments: