Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Faith and Hope: Week Two

Faith and Hope go together like salt and pepper, oil and vinegar, bread and butter, you really can't have one with out the other.  
 
Lately my faith has been missing its hope, and I wondered if I really had any faith at all.  Faith in my future, faith in my existing life, hope for a better future and hope for my life, were gone.  I don't think they left in an instant.  They slowly were chipped away with each passing event: losing a job, moving, moving again, again moving, hospital stays, kids getting sick, money disappearing, me stopping doing the things that bring me daily enjoyment. 
 
My life seemed to be scattered across the fields, taking with it my faith and hope. 
 
I have found them recently. 
 
I have faith in The Lord Jesus Christ, and know through him all is possible. 
 
I have faith that He is leading and guiding us, he is holding my hand, not running in front of me wanting me to chase him, as I had been feeling.  Winded and unable to catch up to something that was next to me not in front of me. 
 
I now have hope in the fact that things are going to turn around.  I have faith that the humbling that has been happening to me, will lead to a very promising future. Not one with out bumps, but one filled with hope.  And one where I follow in faith knowing that with Him by my side, all things are possible. 

No comments: