Monday, August 18, 2008

Women Visiting

"Did you see the dress she was wearing last night?" asked Margie

"I know I can't believe she even squeezed her self into that." replied Suzzette as she reached down to grab her napkin from her lap and dab the corners of her mouth ever so daintily.

"What was she thinking?"

"I am not sure, but all those gentlemen didn't seem to mind seeing her plunging neckline,and her bum nearly poking out the other end."

"Oh well, anyway did you have fun?" Margie asked trying to change the topic. Whenever she and Suzzette got together they tended to gossip and harp on their common friend Natalia. After all if it weren't for Natalia the two of them would have never met and become best friends. Natalia lived in their same apartment complex. Other than her keen inability to dress appropriately for her age and her size, she was a fun ball of energy that drew people to her. They enjoyed being around her for the same reasons they could only handle small amounts of her. But none the less, she was their friend, and they needed to be more kind in their remarks.

"I had a good time. You know kind of hard to know exactly where to stand, who to talk to, or what to do at those neighborhood meet and mingle things. Usually everyone talks with those they already know. And being a single gal, makes it even harder to mingle with those children crazed stay at home moms. I mean really how many times can I hear stories about 'sweet Johnny' and smile and say 'how darling', making it believable that I am even interested. I did meet a very charming man named Daniel."

"I noticed you talking with him. How did it go? Where does he live? What does he do?" asked Margie.

"Well he happens to live on my same floor. Can you believe it, I haven't ever seen him before and he has been living here for two years. Anyway, he is attending the U and grew up here. His family doesn't live to far away. Didn't he have the greatest butt in those jeans?" Suzzette wiped a little drool that dribbled out of the corner of her mouth as she thought of how handsome her new found love was. Well he wasn't quite her love, but her newest fascination, that she just couldn't wait to get her hands on.

"So are y'all going to be going out?"

"He invited me and a guest, care to join me? to go sailing this weekend in the Bay. It should be a lot of fun. He said he was planning on going out with his buddy Mike. Not sure what Mike is like, but it might be a lot of fun. Where is our food? I am starving. Though this raspberry lemonade is rather refreshing.

"I will think about it."

"Oh come on. Don't leave me alone on the seas with two handsome men."

"You can handle yourself I am sure. I'd like to but I just don't know if I am ready to start dating again."

"You got to be kidding me. It's been five months since you broke up with what's his face." Suzzette said not even wanting to mention Jeff's name, for fear of opening up the flood gates. Man was that a bad break up.

"I know but some days I just really miss him and can't even imagine loving anyone else." Margie and Jeff met in junior high, started dating their junior year of high school and had been inseparable for the last few years. Everyone thought they were going to get married, but Jeff just all of a sudden told her he was done, and moved to Mexico to join the Peace Corps. Must have been some mid twenties life crisis or something. No one quite understood why. Rumor has it though that he had been dating his family's nanny on the side and when she moved back home, he followed shortly after. But that is all rumors and gossip.

"I didn't ask you to fall in love with the guy, I just asked you to join us for some sun, fun, food and summer sea breeze. Come on what does a girl have to do to get you to come? If not for you what about me? Please? I will do your laundry for a week."

"How about a month?" Margie began to bargain.

"All right but only washing, no folding and putting away." Suzzette settled.

"Ok...oh look here comes our food."

"Finally."

SP-A232 Afternoon with Friends Special Ready to Ship Painting

No comments: