Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Woodsworth qoutes

"To begin, begin." the professor stated as he spoke openly about the best way one can write. "You will never know if you are a writer or not if you don't just begin to write. Let the thoughts flow from your mind to your pen, or your keyboard as y'all write today."

I sat in my desk, looking around at the other students, seemingly much younger than I. What was I thinking, taking a creative writing class after all these years. My youngest just started kindergarten and I have a little more free time to do those things I always dreamed of doing. But really, I thought, noticing the girl in front of me with her low rise jeans and her tramp stamp showing. What do I have to offer to this class? Me a mother of five, just barely realizing that I don't have to wipe a nose for several hours.

"Ok stop thinking about this, enjoy this time." I told myself as I noticed my mind wandering on why I was here, who was around me, more than what the professor was saying. I looked at him with is full gray beard, trimmed ever so distinquished, standing before these fifty or so students, wondering what style of writer he was, probably not very neat I thought as I noticed his shirt wasn't very well ironed. Maybe he just has a lazy wife like me. Alright I will listen. He continued.

"Every great and original writer, in proportion as he is great and original, must himself create the taste by which he is to be relished." Now if that was ever a mouth full, speaking of mouth full, a foot long hot dog with lots of mustard, ketchup and relish sounds good about now. I guess I shouldn't have taken a noon hour class. OK, HELLOO, listen to the lecture! Now I know why my children have a hard time with school. I mean here I am an adult, taking a class for pleasure and I am day dreaming about getting a hot dog at the local gas station??

"Your first assignment is to free write whatever you want about..."

No comments: