Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What Makes you Laugh?

Speaking of laughter reminds me often of my family growing up. Laughter filled the air. However one night on my third or fourth date with a certain boy, laughter was not all that filled the air.

This guy, we will call him Ryno, brought me home from a date to my sister's house. Waiting at the house were my parents and several of my siblings if not all, all cramped into a small room. They were playing some board game, probably True Colors. Well they had had "fire butt chili" that night for dinner, and they were all passing gas.

So I walk into this overly populated room with Ryno and my family just laughed. They were being really loud too, and I had just finished explaining to Ryno that my family was fairly quiet. Anyway they proved me wrong that night. He stood there quietly for a bit and then left.

I am not sure if it was the loud laughter or the smells that drove him away. However I don't think he ever asked me out again after that moment. Oh well. His loss.

We do love to laugh.My brothers and Dad have a keen way of telling a joke that is not heard by anyone else, because they are laughing so hard before they reach the punch line. But because of their tears of laughter, everyone else is laughing too. To hear the three of them together telling jokes, is quite amusing to me. Because it mostly goes like this:

There was this guy...giggle giggle snort...who....giggle walk...ed....giggle...loud laugh....missed the joke.....

Anyway love listening to those guys tell jokes and laugh.

Then there is my wonderful husband who gets me laughing all the time. I am not sure what it was but once we sat on the bed laughing, laughing so hard are stomachs hurt afterwards, so hard that the whole family heard us laughing. We can just make each other laugh. And we both giggle easily I think.Sometimes we just do some silly stupid stuff to make ourselves laugh.

My kids make me laugh. They say things that just crack me up. The sad thing is I don't remember them all. I need to be better about writing down the things they say and record them. Because my goodness every day they humor me.I love to laugh.

What makes you laugh?

No comments: